Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home4/rsti4866/public_html/pensiuneaalis.ro/wp-content/plugins/qtranslate-x/qtranslate_frontend.php on line 497

Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_postsFilter() expected to be a reference, value given in /home4/rsti4866/public_html/pensiuneaalis.ro/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Leisure • Pensiunea Alis


Aqua Park Cozia

If you follow the cliff of Olt River to Caciulata Spa Complex you can reach quickly and conveniently at Aqua Park Cozia. The water park is located within the spa complex, at a distance of 1.4Km from the guesthouse. The complex’s swimming pools are available throughout the year.


During the summer season, you can take a ride on the Olt River. The pier is located in the central park, just 550 meters (or 7 minutes walk) from the pension.

Cure alley

The cure alley, which connects Caciulata with Calimanesti, is a good alley for walking in nature. The alley has a length of 2.3km and can be traveled in about 40 minutes.

Central Park

Central Park in Caciulata invites you to relax in the vicinity of the Olt River cliff. You can relax by admiring the scenery of the park, or take a short walk on the CACIULATA Olt Promenade, the cliff that connects the spa complex.


For lovers of ecumenical tourism Calimanesti-Caciulata offers you the opportunity to visit some of the most important cults on the territory of Valcea County.
Among these we mention:

Cozia Monastery

Administered by about 30 monks, the Cozia Monastery lies 20 km of Ramnicu Valcea, in Calimanesti-Caciulata, on the right bank of the Olt river. Named also “Nucet” or the Nut Grove, as there were many nut trees around in the past, the Monastery is a sample of well-preserved Wallachian architecture, with Byzantine influences singled out by alternating bands of brick and stone and fluted, false pillars.

“The Holy Trinity” Church of the Cozia Monastery was founded by ruling prince Mircea the Old (Vlad the Impaler’s grandfather) in 1388. The three-cusped plan of the church was harmoniously and richly decorated by mater builders from Moravia.

Mircea the Old now lies buried within the church. Likewise, one can see the tombstone of nun Teofana, mother of Michael the Brave, whose name relates to a first, but short-lived unification of the three Romanian speaking provinces, Wallachia, Moldavia and Transylvania.

Turnu Monastery

This monks Monastery lies at the Cozia mountain foot, not far away from Olt river. The old church is at the immediate entrance and it was built on the foundation of an old one in 1676.

It is the foundation of the former Ramnic Bishop Varlaam, the metropolitan bishop of Valachia.

Close to this Monastery, there still are famous historical traces such as The Roman Camp Arutela, the rock called Traian’s Table and the thermal baths from Bivolari on the left side of Olt river.

Stânișoara Monastery

At the foot of Cozia mountains, on the south part, it lies Stanisoara Monastery. The Monastery is located in Calimanesti town. It is a monk Monastery and the main theme is “Saint George”.

The access at the Monastery can be done through 2 separate ways: one, through Pausa-Stanisoara valley on North direction, at 6 km from the railway station Pausa-Caciulata; the other way is from the railway station Turnu Eastwards, at 4 km.

In 1747, Gheorghe Cluceru together with other boyars from Pitesti, builds here a church. The ottoman invaders, who burned it down and killed the monks in 1788, destroyed the church. The establishment is situated in a quiet area and tempted natural beauties surround it. The monks lead a very stern life, the religious services are held both during the day and night time and they do not eat meat.

Frăsinei Monastery

Located in Muereasca commune, at 30 km from Calimanesti-Caciulata, Frasinei Monastery has in fact 2 churches.

Frasinei Monastery’s church called the Big Church has the main theme “Dormition of the Holy Virgin”. The church has an ensemble of buildings, in a fortress shape and was built between 1860 and 1863 by Saint Calinic from Cernica, the Bishop of Ramnic.

The church of the old small convent has the main theme “The birth of Saint John, the Baptizer”. The Bulgarian nuns Ilarion and Stefan made the church of wood, in 1710. From 1867, Saint Calinic did not allow women to entry in this church and he put a vow stone at 2 km far from the church. On the vow stone there are engraved with Cyrillic letters blessings for the ones who will keep this vow, as well as curses, for the ones who will break the saint’s decisions.

Touristic Guide

First historic mention of the existence of the county of Valcea was made on January 8,1392, in the Chronicles of the Monastery of Cozia, where the charter signed by the Voivode of Wallachia, Mircea the Old (1386 – 1418), was still preserved. By way of this document, the ruler conceded all rights for the “culture of bees” in the entire county of Valcea on behalf of the said Monastery.

Calimanesti Caciulata is situated in north central of Valcea county, right of the river Olt, elevation 280-300 m, 18 km away from Ramnicu Valcea, 81 km away from Sibiu and 187 km away from Bucharest. Is considered the pearl of the spa’s from the Olt’s valley. The climate is characteristic of the sheltered Sub-Carpathian hollows, without temperature contrasts, with cool summers and rather mild winters.

The natural cure factors are the sparing climate and the springs (discovered in 1827) of sulphurous, chloride, brominated, sodic, calcic, magnesian, mostly hypotonic mineral waters with varying concentrations, chemical compositions and temperatures.
The spa is recommended for the treatment of digestive diseases, hepatobiliary diseases, kidney and urinary system diseases, metabolic and nutrition disorders, respiratory diseases, peripheral neurological disorders, rheumatic conditions, post traumatic conditions, gynecological disorders, ear nose and throat diseases, dermatological, cardiovascular and other disorders.

The French doctor Joseph Cailat, who took temporary residence in this area (in 1854), analyzed the Calimanesti mineral waters in 1859; in 1869 Napoleon III was on a cure of mineral water sent over from Calimanesti. In 1893, the samples of mineral water from Calimanesti-Caciulata won the gold medal at the International Foods and Mineral Waters Exhibition in Brussels. The first cure establishment are dated 1910.

Tourist routes

  • CFR Turnu – Turnu Monastery – Saua la Troita – Valea Turneanu – Mt. Rotunda – Under the Cozia Peak – Cozia Chalet
  • Bivolari (the dam of Turnu Lake) – Glade to Chamomile – Troy Saddle
  • Pausa Village – Troita Saddle – Stanisoara Monastery – Rock Point Damaschin – Curmatura Vladesei – Sadica Durduc – Under Peak Ciuha Mica – Cozia Chalet – Rotana Stana – Varateca Cattery – CFR Lotru
  • Commune Jiblea – Peflavia Peusa – Plaiul Calimanului – Muchia Vladesei – Vladesea Hall – Under Ciuha Mica Peak – Cozia Chalet
  • Village Patesti – Muchia Vladesei – Curmatura Vladesei
  • Chalet Cozia – Stana La Mocirle – Omu Peak – Village Charge
  • Stana La Mocirle – The Gate of Stone
  • Turnu Monastery – Troita – Haiducului Threshold – Turneanu Peak – Little Curmatura – Ciuha Neamt Peak – Cozia Chalet
  • Stanisoara Monastery – Cascada Urzica
  • Stanisoara Monastery – Wild Rock – Cave of the Hermit Cave